Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Fairytale Land












hey yo

Wow was it a busy week here in my new area, sibiu. It's only been a week and I already love it here. It's a lot different here than buchurest and I'm still getting used to the fact that it is a single companionship city and sora anderson and I our just kinda out here by ourselves in the middle of nowhere trying to get work done & share the gospel, where as in Bucharest there were a couple other companionships and lots of people always. But other than that, this week has been so so good. 

It has been a week of meeting random people when we leave our apartment, which has been way cool. Met Greta, a cool volunteer from Sweden that is our age, at the bus stop after I told her that i liked her backpack. She did not understand my romanian and I was like, "wow, my Romanian must be worse than I expected," but then we found out that she doesn't speak Romanian haha. Our friend Petro, an old grandpa, started talking to us while we were outside. He is already convinced this church is true even though we haven't had a legit lesson with him yet! 

Church was a little bit of a different experience here... I'm not joking when I say that we only have 4 active members. The branch president and his wife, and 2 kids, Cosmin, who is 13 and his sister Maria, who is 16. Cosmin and maria are awesome and want to hang out with us all the time. Maria likes to make us crepes and cosmin calls us everyday asking if we can play basketball with him at the courts. He has also been getting into american rap music lately and doesn't understand that lots of the words are not good for him to say and don't mean good things in english hahah...
The church building is an old cottage house thing and we just have church in one of the rooms on the second floor. Sora Anderson and I will probably be giving lots of talks in church this transfer considering there are like 3 people to choose from.

This week has been an adventure and every single day I have truly been able to see God working miracles right in front of us! 

God is a God of miracles and he has not ceased to do miracles in these days, in our days, in our lives!! We just need to have the faith and be ready to see them. Look for the hand of God in your everyday life this week. I promise as you look, you will see!:)

Sibiu literally looks like a town out of a fairytale book with cobblestone streets and cute colorful buildings and massive churches. I'm so so lucky to be here in Transylvania and so happy:)

Sora T 

No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...