Sunday, November 28, 2021

a surprise baptism

Thanks to all who sent me a picture in response to last week's email:) glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

I hope last week you were able to look for and find the joy in everyday, here are just a few moments from my week.

-country-wide conference: all the missionaries in Romania gathered together in Bucharest for a conference and it was quite the time 
- our sweet old member Sora Savu talked our ear off at her house for about 2 hours and towards the end of our visit whipped out a cute little box to show us all the kidney stones she has ever had and told us the story behind each one! ðŸ˜„ (she must have forgotten that she already showed me her kidney stones a couple weeks ago at church!) I couldn't help but smile 
- we made Cafe Rio style chicken burritos the other night and they were maybe the best meal I have had all year.
- a reel I made on Instagram is still getting 4 or 5 likes a day and I am able to start conversations with every single one of those people! 
- we have been planning for "light the world" these past couple of weeks and I am excited for it to be December so we can start rolling out some of these new projects 

And to end, the cutest story you will ever hear:
Eni is from Albania (where my dear brother Jackson served) and always saw the missionaries on the street of the city where he was living there, but never had a chance to talk with them/ wasn't really interested. Eni then moved to Romania, where he started going to college and met Maria. Maria and Eni started dating and Maria randomly met the sister missionaries in her area on fb after sets of missionaries Maria started taking the lessons officially and decided she wanted to get baptized. Eni (who used to be an atheist) also started taking the discussions with Maria and started to know of the truthfulness of the restored Gospel. After some time Eni also decided he wanted to get baptized, but wanted it to be a surprise for Maria. They were married officially on Friday and Maria's baptismal day was Saturday! After Maria was done changing into her baptismal clothes and taking some pictures ENI WALKS OUT DRESSED IN WHITE ALSO AND MARIA IS SO SUPRISED. she started crying. it was probably one of the sweetest moments I have seen on my mission so far :,) and I will send you the video so that you can see for yourself!!

GOD is GOOD❤
Sora Tobler











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...