Tuesday, June 15, 2021

one old cellar with 8 missionaries

This week was actually way good over here, and I would say one of my favorite weeks on the mission!

After about 2 transfers here in Pitești an we:
 A) actually have friends and B) they are actually really cool and progressing C) saw miracles left and right this week 

A quick friend update-
-Met with our friend Diana (not our neighboor Diana) in person for the first time this week at the church. She was rapid-fire throwing questions, and not going to lie I did not know the answers to all of them, but the Holy Ghost really pulled us through to help us out. She also came to church yesterday and stayed for the whole time!

-Our neighboor Diana is still as friendly as ever. We always seem to run into her as we are leaving the apartment and her and her daughter are coming home and I am sure it is not a coincidence. We  invited her to church when we saw her outside one day and she intially said no, but later that day she called us back and said she was going to try and make it! She ended up showing up after church had already ended, but she told us that after she knew she wasnt going to make it on time, she still wanted to show up at the end so that she could give us a ride home from the church because it was raining cats and dogs outside.

-Started meeting with this girl Delia, and she is also AMAZING. we do half English lessons with her, and then teach a lesson. We taught her the Restoration and she was super into it. She has 14 siblings, all who go to different churches, and she says she has been searching for the true church her whole life. We have another lesson with her tomorrow and are super excited about it. 

-we had a service project this week as a district and it was fun to see other missionaries face to face. Our district is really spread-out and it took everyone about 2.5 hours by train to come together somewhere in the middle of all our areas for the service project, but it was worth it. We sorted clothes in this cool underground cellar thing for about 4 hours, and while it doesn't sound like the most exciting thing, I can promise you it was a way fun time and I love my district. 

We had a devotional as a Zone on Zoom last night, and we all were able to talk about and share our conversion stories. It was super cool and while preparing what I was going to say, I got thinking about my own conversion story. While I am still being converted to the gospel every single day, and know it will be a continuous lifelong process to become a more converted disciple of Jesus Christ,  I realized that I never had a big "light-bulb" moment where I knew this church was true, I realized that a bunch of smaller powerful spiritual moments have came together to build my undeniable testimony of the gospel. As it says in 2 Nephi 28:30, "For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." Line upon line, precept upon precept is how I have come to build my testimony and knowledge that this is the true church of Jesus Chirst! I invite you all to think about your "conversion story" this week and how you built and will continue to build your testimony!

Love ya lots,
sora Tobler

















No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...