Tuesday, June 1, 2021

a good week

buna! 

This week was a good one:)

The highlights:

Maria & ionuț: the cutest little Romanian grandma who takes care of her grandson (who is like a mega ball of energy, and I don't know how she does it) came to Pitesti on Tuesday! They live about an hour outside of the city, so they don't come too often, but they had to do some stuff in the city. We spent the morning with them and helped them with some of the work they needed to get done. 

-Robert: a recent convert here, who is a really awesome guy. He is an actor and his most recent role is Pinocchio. He likes talking our ears off about his acting gigs and it is quite interesting to listen to. We met with him this week and had a post-baptism lesson in town center. He should be getting the priesthood next Sunday and we are way psyched for him

-Rain: it rained about every second of every day this week. You should have seen when we were walking to the church and I was just in the right place at the right time and was drenched by a massive puddle, when a car came speeding down the street. Sora Berrett was in the clear, walking a couple feet behind me, but I was definitely in the splash zone. It was honestly pretty funny, and although I was soaked for the rest of the day, we couldn't stop laughing about it. 

-OUR GOLDEN NEIGHBOOR: we ran into Diana and her daughter Ariana a couple of weeks ago while we were leaving for our night run. We stopped and talked for a while and exchanged Facebooks, but it didn't really go anywhere after that. I had lil prompting to reach out to her again last week and she was so so happy to hear from us and was totally down to meet up. 
We are excited to be friends with her!!

I definitely felt the lord's help this week! I just want to say thank you for all the encouraging emails, texts, and messages this week, they really helped, and thank you for all the prayers!! They were definitely felt all the way over here in romania. It was cool to feel the power of prayer working in my life and I definitely felt angels round about me to bear me up! 
One of my favorite verses from this week, "33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." (D&C 64:33) 

*Cue cliche bummer sticker phrase*:

Don't give up, and keep moving forward! 

Love, Sora Tobler 










No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...