Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Up!

Bună ziuă dragi frați si surori! Greetings from the great land of Piteşti.

I'm going to be straight and just say that this week was kind of HARD. I thought it would be unfair to you all and even be a slight disservice if I pretended that my mission was an always happy super amazing 18-month experience, and left out the harder details. Don't get me wrong, I love being a missionary and love serving the people here in Romania, but I would be lying if I said that everyday I jumped out of bed.

Pitesti has been a hard area and Sora Berrett and I have seen very little progress come from our past 6 weeks here, and this week we started another transfer together here. While the past couple of days have been a little more challenging, that's not to say that they have been without their miracles!!

 we were in Buchurest for some visa work and it was raining BUCKETS. We were sorely unprepared for the bad weather and didnt have anywhere to go in between our appointments, but we went to the closest McDonalds to take shelter and it was so crowded inside with no empty tables and I thought it was a lost cause, but after doing a couple rounds we found a tiny empty unoccupied table in the corner!

⭐ on our train ride back from Bucuresti a man noticed that we were studying Romanian. Without even talking to him first, he struck up a conversation with us and was WAY interested. We gave him a Book of Mormon and exchanged numbers before he got off at his stop

⭐we were eating lunch at a park one day, and this lady with her daughter just walked up to us after noticing our name tags. She asked us if we had any books about our religion that we could give her. I pulled out a Book of Mormon (that I had last second slipped into my bag before we headed to lunch)!

⭐my showers had warm water this week 

I have seen myself stretched so much in these past couple of weeks. I have really had to place my trust in the Lord and in the fact that this is His work, and I am simply just an instrument in forwarding it. I know that after times of tribulation come times of great blessings. 
We have to have humbling and hard times to be able to learn and grow, and despite being in a time of tribulation or trial, we can still see miracles, big or small, in everyday life. 

Love you all💛
Sora Tobler












No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...