Friday, December 4, 2020

happpyyy thanksgiving friends

Hope everyone had a good Turkey day with family and friends. There is lots to be thankful for:)) 

although they don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Romania, we made apple pie and ate mashed potatoes and for that I am thankful.

This week was way good.

Our friend Mila reached out to us out of the blue saying she watched President Nelson's video. We set up a lesson with her and she told us that she had seen his video and was interested to start taking lessons with us again. She also said she had read the Book of Mormon and said it was true and she practically asked us to be baptized! 
We were kinda shook and it was a major miracle.

Sora Bauco is leaving on Wednesday and my new companion will be Sora Gunn! We were in the HMTC together and I am excited to be her comp! 
We will be the only 2 sisters in Miahi bravu Buchurest right now since Sora Bauco and one of the other sisters are also leaving.

We were trying to bring flowers and cookies to our branch president the other day because he was has corona and we thought it would be nice. Usually sora Bauco takes charge of google maps, but I figured it was time for me to try since I'm gonna have to learn eventually. He lives kinda outside the city and after we took the metro to the last stop we had to walk about 30 mins to get what we thought was his apartment... let's just say that I may have directed us to the completely wrong place wayyyy out of the way and in the middle of nowhere. We then talked to this really nice lady on the street who kindly gave us directions, which we naively followed for about another 45 mins, to another wrong address. Long story short we dropped off the goods and I decided that I'm not the best with directions. 

The other sisters in Bucharest had a baptism this week which we all got to go to which was fun. Bibi, the guy getting baptized, showed up to the church with a bunch of gifts for all the missionaries and he gave sora bauco and I some purses haha.

It snowed a lot! 

I'm so excited for December and the Light the World campaign to start!! Let's focus on Christ this Christmas season and remember him. 
After all He is the light of the World!!

Love you all.
Sora tobler 













No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...