Monday, April 26, 2021

PITESTI

Hello everyone:)) this week was full of LOTS of change, but has overall been a good week.

Last monday, I left Sibiu and took a 6 hr train ride to buchurest where I stayed the night with some of the sisters there. On Tuesday morning we went back to the train station bright and early to meet the new missionaries! I met my newbie comp sora Berrett and she is seriously the sweetest and I am so lucky!

We left bucharest and took another train towards our new area, Pitesti. 

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK- traveling with all your luggage for 18 months over trains in romania, is kind of not the easiest, especially when you and your companion have 6 suitcases in total and you dont know your new area or where your apartment even is.. so I was pretty stressed out about how that was going to work out. However, the APs, the only missionaries with a car in the whole mission, offered to drive our luggage over in their car and drop it off at our apartment, so we didn't have to travel with any of it. 
I know it sounds super small, but it was a major blessing and I was so grateful for them and that help.

I would say the city of Pitesti is like Bucharest's younger brother. We haven't seen too much of the city yet (yay quarantine again, because Sora Berrett just got into the country) but from what I have seen it is actually really big and just a smaller bucharest. It's definitely not as picturesque as Sibiu, and is a little bit rougher around the edges, but I have heard that the members here are amazing and we are so excited to meet them. 

Since we are "whitewashing", we have spent the whole week just trying to find people to teach and kind of get our bearings a bit on everything here.

The lord qualifies who he calls! We have got a lot of work to do here in Pitesti and this past week I have been wondering alot about why the lord has trusted me to train a newbie, come to this new city as the only missionaries here, and go about doing His work. And not gonna lie I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I do know the Lord is magnifying my efforts and he magnifies all of our efforts. Sora Berrett and I are offering our humble 5 loaves and 2 fishes and he is taking what we are offering and hopefully helping it feed thousands. 

Love you lots 
Sora Tobler 






No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...