Friday, March 26, 2021

halfway?!?!?

 Wow wow we are half way there? How have I already been a missionary for 9 months? 


As a quick update:
We are in quarantine again because one of our friends was sick.
Had an exchange this week.
Our friend Ade is still doing pretty well! We had to set some standards with her the other day we we told her that we couldn't babysit her 1 year old daughter, but other than that she is doing well.

For 9 months here are 9 things I have learned so far-

1. You never have 2 really bad days in a row. The past 9 months have been been full of their fair share of some rough days, but I can confidently say that the day following is also a bit better than the previous. 
2. I actually like running ! Waking up at 6:30 is still hard lol but I actually quite enjoy a morning run
3. The lord hears our prayers! The power of prayer is so so true and I cant even count the number of times that I have witnessed the power of prayer at work here in my mission.
4. I'm convinced that romania has the best bakeries and pastries hands down. Chocolate covrigs from a shop called luca are the best snack/desert ever. No one can convince me otherwise.
5. We are all Gods children. Doesnt matter if your from Romania, Arizona, or under a rock. God loves us all
6. The lord works Miracles every day all around us. Big/small. Just got to open our eyes 
7. I really took my car for granted. Public transportation is great and allllll....... butttt.... I kind miss my car ngl
8. The gift of tongues! Exists!!! If you told me 9 months ago I would be able to understand and be able to speak (decent) romania I would have laughed.
9. The work of the lord rolls forward despite a global pandemic or anything for that matter. So grateful that I can play a small part in his great plan. 

I could keep going, but for the length of this email and for the asthetic of it being 9 things for 9 months I will stop there.

Love you all. See you in 9 months ;))
Sora Tobler 



No comments:

Post a Comment

see you soon!

some pictures from my last full week here in romania   1. My favorite ward sisters  2. Sora Taylor with an unappetizing plate of sarmalele (...